Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 251

Thread: Wise county consolidations

  1. #211
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    OK I give up I need sleep anyway if I am reading you right you no longer belive that any school in Wise County needs to have AP classes (And while I think it is great that MECC and CVC are picking up the school systems slack) If the student does not have a car/access to transportation then those classes are useless (I know I would not have been able to make the trip when I was in HS if I had lived in Wise Co.)

    From day one I have been in faver of the 3 new school idea where you seem to be for whatever will keep Appy as is regardless of anything else

  2. #212
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    DC has an Open door policy as well but it is one of those things I see changing if there is a big influx from any other area

  3. #213
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    Again this is just from talking to people.
    But many from the Norton area are against this. Due to the possible influx of children from Appy.
    They may discuss this issue themselves, at their school board meeting.
    But many say they are opposed to what, has been laid out, most were expecting Mr. Basham, to announce 3 new schools.
    Now they are worried that if the SB passes this and the BOS does also, it will hurt them with an influx of kids from Appy.
    Like i said a lot bigger than many thought.
    And now everyone in Wise County, and even the City of Norton, is looking and asking, why do this wrong.
    All i can say is what could of been something good. Mr. Basham himself may of ruined.

  4. #214
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    I'd like to see how much is really at stake cash wise, if you tried to use the colleges. If everybody gets AP that way you will ride a bus like to the consolidated schools or new schools. I want the kids to get the most for the money, if things don't turn out the way the projections are , I'd like to see how much and what options are available to make room for more students or how much the buildings will cost the folks of the county if most continue to leave the area to live and work . I'm not gonna rule anything out, but I'd bet most could take the time to search the figures and come to a conclusion. I'm AGAINST almost anything that is shoved down my throat and this , even you have to agree , isn't quite fair to try to close 3 schools , haul in the portable classrooms , and reorganize in 6 months. HAHA I wanna see who gets to sell us the trailors, I might want to open a business myself. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  5. #215
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    i just heard that last night, the board of supervisors said that if Basham closed the schools they would buy out his contract....in other words fire him

  6. #216
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    I doubt the board would say that because technically, Basham can't close the schools. He has 0 authority to close the schools as a whole, thats why his proposal is just that, a proposal. The BOS can't buy out of his contract, that's up to the School Board, they can sure put a little fire to the School Board, but they don't directly run the schools, that is why they had a vote letting it be known they were against consolidation or at least that consolidation plan.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #217
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    You will never hear me say that the proposal that Basham has handed down to the SB is anthing other than horse poop and I can not for the life of me think of one reason why he would even consider it a valid plan with any hope of success. and after this disaster I would not count on Basham keeping his Job to much longer.....The Masses want a blood leting and Basham seems to be heading strait for that sacrifisal alter

  8. #218
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    Thank you, now the SB will have to get down to moving past this "Speedbump" , rebuild the rlationships with the folks of Wise County, and try to get some idea of what is the best reasonable ,approach to moving the schools in Wise County forward. However it appears as if the "Bus" is gonna need a new driver. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  9. #219
    Inactive Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    Wow. That's the first time you and I totally agree on something Spuds. Maybe there is hope of us ALL working together to find the best solution afterall. I just hope that even a discussion can occur now that everything has been thrown into such turmoil by the "Bash-man". As Counts indicated, a good blood letting may be at hand and Bashman may have to be the victim in order to settle things back down.
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

  10. #220
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wise county consolidations

    Out of all this I read I am holding back a lot, but the one question I want you to think about is this.....what percentage of the total student population in Wise County would be taking AP classes? Then think about the number that are average students and special Ed students....how will they do?

    Just something to think about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •